Smartphone users are always curious about new firmware release for their device because it comes with various bug fixes and new features. These are not always released simultaneously for all regions by the manufacturers so there are ways to accomplish it. We will see how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S i9000 firmware using Odin Flash tool.
Not just Custom ROMs but officially leaked builds can be used to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S Firmware. First method is using Samsung Kies which can be used only for officially released Firmwares. Here we will, learn to flash Samsung Galaxy S i9000 with either leaked, custom ROM or Official release.
- Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S i9000
- Latest Samsung Kies or Device drivers installed.
- ODIN 3 version 1.0 (flash program)
- Upgrade Firmware upgrade File (.tar) can be downloaded from Samsung-Firmware
- .PIT file (the boot file of the phone generally called 512.pit) which will be included in upgrade file.
- USB cable
- Open Odin (preferably “Run as Administrator”)
- Browse the PIT file from extracted firmware upgrade.
- In PDA, browse the TAR file which is the main file requirement.
- Optionally if there is any file with CSC in it, browse and select it.
- Switch off Phone and remove SD Card (if any) and SIM.
- Connect with USB
- Hold Volume down + Home Key + Power button till the phone boots in “Download mode”.
- Press Start button on Odin program window after it detects ID:COM
- Phone will reboot again and whoa! your Phone is flashed with latest firmware.
- Take Backup of Contacts, Messages and Calender events and Apps before proceeding as it will erase all data in ROM.
- I have flashed my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 with official leaked ROM using the following procedure and it worked fine on Windows 7.
- We are not responsible if you accidentally brick your phone.